Choosing the right stove
2 years ago
Choosing the right stove means running through various decisions:
- Type of stove: You might opt for a freestanding stove, or an inset that is built into the wall, or might want a boiler stove or pellet boiler.
- The look of the stove: contemporary or traditional? In a coloured finish, enamelled, or plain black?
- What type of fuel do you want to burn? If you are just burning wood then pick a dedicated woodburning, it will work better for you. You might also want to chose a stove with a big enough firebox so it is a match with the size of your logs.
- Do you live in a city? You will need a DEFRA Exempt stove which is allowed to be used in a smoke control area.
- What heat output do you need?: you need to work out how much heat the room that the stove is in, or for a central heating boiler stove, how much heat the whole house requires. You can use our Online Kilowatt Calculator to work out how much heat a room needs. If you want to heat your whole house with wood or wood pellets then contact us and our team can run some heat load calculations for you.
You can get direct help from our team just by contacting us - that's what we're here for.
We also have an advanced search page which will let you quickly narrow down the choices to help you find the perfect stove.