We use Cookies to give you a smooth, enjoyable and safe experience using this website and to provide relevant and helpful advertising from Google. If you are happy with this then simply click the green OK.OK

You can opt to not enable the advertising Cookie by clicking here. You can learn more by reading our privacy policy.

stovesonline telephone contact logo 0800 246 1250

Stove installation, building control, and installation by a hetas installer

Stove building regs pages:
Stove building regulations intro
Notice plates
Installation and Building Control
Stove hearth sizes
Flue outlet heights
Flue sizes
Ventilation for stoves
Flue pipe - distance to combustibles and heat shielding
Flue pipe - recommended length
Twin wall flue - boxing in
Lining existing chimneys
New chimneys

Stove installation

In general it is safest to use a registered and trained stove installer with experience. The stove installer will be registered with a Competent Person Scheme, most likely HETAS, and this shows that they take their job seriously. Under the scheme they will also notify that the job has been completed so that part of the paperwork is all done for you.

On the flip side if you are, for example, building a house then it can be completely normal for the builders to install a pumice chimney system ready for the stove installer to attach a stove to.

If you are relining your chimney whether that be with flexible liner, pumice, or concrete liners or if you are building a new chimney (including building a new chimney using twin wall insulated flue pipe) then this is classed as "Building work" and you must notify building control before work starts.

In any case there may well be local planning restrictions convering chimney work and new chimneys that you have to follow.

Such work has to be done under the guidance of a building inspector or by an installer who is a member of a "Competant Person Scheme". You can find more information on the Competent Person Schemes on our stove installers page

In most instances a new chimney can be erected under permitted development (in accordance with Class G, Part 1 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) Order 2008).

you can pay for your stove with us by Paypal pay for your stove by visa pay for your stove by mastercard pay for your stove by maestro pay for your stove by delta card

Stovesonline Ltd, Flightway, Dunkeswell Business Park , Dunkeswell , Devon , EX14 4RD
0800 246 1250, info@stovesonline.co.uk, Contact Us
© Stovesonline Ltd. VAT: 801261871, Company: 04636920. Registered in England, UK