CUSTOM MADE STOVE REGISTER PLATES
As you would expect our custom made register plates have many advantages when compared to off-the-shelf versions:
- A custom made register plate, being made to measure, will not need cutting down to size on site.
- The hole for the flue connection comes accurately placed on the plate already and, within reason, can be anywhere on the plate which is especially important where your chimney is not central to your fireplace opening. This gives you a higher degree of freedom when deciding where to place your stove.
- We have spent a long time developing our clip system which holds the plate in place. The clips are simply slid onto the edges of the register plate before it is liften into place. Because they can be moved these clips also mean that it is easier to find a fixing for the plate, especially inside irregular chimneys. Lastly the clips firmly hold the register plate in place also stopping any upward movement of the plate which can happen when, for example, you are sweeping your chimney.
- Custom made register plates for lined chimneys come with a clamp which firmly holds the bottom of the liner in place. This means that you do not need to use a bottom support bracket for the liner above the register plate. This makes for a simpler installation process and you need one less liner component.
- Custom made register plates for unlined chimneys come with a generous access hatch to allow sweeping.
Register plate application form
Our custom made register plates are made of 2mm mild steel painted with black heat resistant paint on the the visible side.
Each steel register plate is made to order so we will need measurements as show in the picture below.
If your chimney is square or rectangular we will need length and width - less half an inch, to manufacture your chimney register plate. If your chimney is irregular then measure to the narrowest part. Remember to measure at the height where you intend the plate to go. Unless otherwise specified the flue hole will be central to the steel register plate.
It is important to let us know if your register plate is for a lined chimney (in which case we add the liner clamp) or for an unlined chimney (in which case we add a sweeping hatch).
Register plate prices and sizing
Register plates are priced according to the area of the plate (see prices at the bottom of the page), below are the sizes for each register plate:
Small stove register plate - up to 1/3rd m² (comes with 4 clips, and a collar/sweeping trap).
Medium stove register plate - up to 2/3rds m² (comes with 4 clips, and a collar/sweeping trap).
Large stove register plate - up to 1 m² (comes with 6 clips, and a collar/sweeping trap).
Extra Large stove register plate - up to 1 and 1/3rd m² (comes with 6 clips, and a collar/sweeping trap).
Extra Extra Large stove register plate - up to 1 and 2/3rds m² (comes with 6 clips, and a collar/sweeping trap).
Extra clips, collars and hatches are available :
Collars - £19.80
Clips (pack of 4) - £24.75
Hatches - £19.8
Postage and packing for any clips, collars and hatches purchased without a register plate is charged at £15 inc VAT.
Surcharge for non-rectangular plates (A/C and/ or B/D not paired)- £31.68 inc VAT.
Surcharge for plate to be made in two halves (for plates over 1500mm wide - includes strengthening) - £49.50 inc VAT.
Surcharge for non-standard wrapping (plates over 750mm in length and less than 350mm in width/ plates over 1500mm long - includes strengthening) - £15.84 inc VAT.
Surcharge for non-standard hatches in very small plates - £15.84 inc VAT.
Postage is charged at:
Small plate £12
Medium plate £16
Large plate £24
XL plate £30
XXL plate £35
Our simple register plate form makes it easy for you to tell us what size and type of plate you would like.
Register plate measurements needed
You can restrict your search to certain flue diameters